This program prepares the student to counsel effectively from a biblical perspective. Evaluation tools, methodology and psychological research that is consistent with Scriptures are combined with the gifts of the Holy Spirit to provide a professional, yet biblical approach to meeting the needs of today’s society.
This degree requires successfully completing 144 credit hours plus additional studies. To receive this degree the student must also 1) Complete all course requirements 2) Prove competence throughout their tenure, and 3) Pass an oral evaluation by the ministerial board.
Students who fail to meet these additional requirements for the Christian Counsellor degree can receive a Bachelor of Theology until they are able to meet these additional requirements.
NOTE: The prerequisite to taking this program is the successful completion of the Certificate of Biblical Studies Program (Academic Year 1 courses – 72 credit hours).
Requirements for Graduation:
- Successful completion of:
- Successful completion of Certificate in Biblical Studies Program (Academic Year 1 courses) (72 credit hours).
- Successful completion of Academic Year 2 courses (additional 72 credit hours). See below for the list of the Academic Year 2 courses.
- Additional work with focus on Counselling
- 10 case studies
- 100 hours of Supervised Clinical Training
- Minimum numerical cumulative average of 86
- Directed research in Counselling
- A Thesis on Christian Counselling
- Passing DISC Profile Knowledge Exam
Courses for Academic Year 2 (72 Credit hours)
Once you have successfully completed the Certificate in Theological Studies Program, then you may register for the Bachelor of Christian Counselling Degree to complete your degree program studies.
It is recommended to take these courses in the given order.
|CM 501||EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION / ENGLISH I|
|BS 110||ROMANS / GALATIANS|
|BS 111||I CORINTHIANS|
|ST 208||PRAISE & WORSHIP|
|ST 203||KEYS TO SUCCESSFUL LIVING|
|RM 603||ADDICTIONS COUNSELLING I|
|ST 209||FOUNDATIONS OF FAITH|
|ST 215||HOW TO FLOW IN THE SUPERNATURAL|
|BS 115||PASTORAL EPISTLES|
|BS 117||II CORINTHIANS|
|ST 205||DEMONOLOGY / DELIVERANCE|
|PM 302||COUNSELLING II|
|BS 114||GENERAL EPISTLES|
|PM 303||COUNSELLING III|
|CM 504||HOMILETICS I|
|RM 604||CHURCH GROWTH|
|PM 304||CHURCH HISTORY|
|PM 306||ADMINISTRATION II|
|CM 505||HOMILETICS II|
|PM 307||ADMINISTRATION III|
|CM 506||HOMILETICS III|
|ST 217||THE PURPOSE OF THE LOCAL CHURCH|