God is good and only good
God is not mad at you…no matter what
God loves you unconditionally
He is never the source of your pain
He wants to give you a quality of life beyond your wildest dreams
Every promise God has ever made is yours in Christ
A More Formal Statement of Faith
- We believe that the ONLY means of clearly understanding the Truth about God, about ourselves, indeed about life in all of its dimensions is the life, death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (John 14:6, Hebrews 1:1-3)
- We believe in one God, Creator of all good things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in a corporate Godhead composed of three distinct persons – the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments of the Bible, represent the inspired Word of God and contain the complete, total and final revelation of His will for all our lives. (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:19-21)
- We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and was the only begotten, incarnate Son of God who died on the cross as in our place. By His resurrection He conquered sin, death and the devil. He entered the heavenly Holy of Holies to make the final offering for sin and all of its effects. Having sat down at the right hand of God, He has completed the work of salvation. There is nothing we can add to His finished work.
- We believe that the Cross of Jesus Christ reveals the following essential Truths:
- That God is a good God and that He is good ALL THE TIME. (Romans 5:8, James 1:17, 1 John 1:5)
- That God is not angry with anyone. In fact, He is at peace with the entire world. (Isaiah 54:9-10, Luke 2:13-14, Romans 10:15-17) This means that any person can participate in this New Covenant by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, all believers are delivered from the curse of the Law and the wrath of God.
- That God has given us the free gift of righteousness and as a result He finds us totally acceptable, not because of anything we do or don’t do but because of what Jesus did. Therefore, every believer is qualified for all of the promises of God and empowered to live in righteousness. (Romans 5:17, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Ephesians 1:3-6)
- That God gives us His grace, i.e., His power, strength, and ability to live the abundant life, as we are incapable of experiencing it in our own ability. (Ephesians 2:8, 2 Timothy 1:9, Romans 5:17, 2 Corinthians 12:9)
- We believe the believer and the church has a commission to make disciples of every person on earth. Therefore, we should equip all believers to fulfill their life’s calling.
- We believe the present day ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus, regenerate the repentant believer, to guide the believer into all truth and to manifest Himself in all believers to minister as the Lord Jesus would to men. We believe the Holy Spirit empowers all believers to live every promise of the Bible.
- We believe that God’s will for every human being is to experience and enjoy the same quality of life that God Himself enjoys. (John 10:10, 1 Timothy 2:3-4)
- We believe that FAITH is the only power that enables us to experience all that God has provided in and through Jesus, both in this life and the life to come. (Ephesians 2:8, John 1:12, 2 Corinthians 5:7, Hebrews 6:12)
- We believe the only way that God has made provision for all of us to enjoy that kind of life is through a personal and intimate relationship with His Son, Jesus Christ. (John 8:31-32, John 14:6, 1 John 5:12)
- We believe all New Testament manifestations of the Holy Spirit are available to all present-day believers.
- We believe in the reality of heaven and hell (Matthew 25:31-46), and that the only thing which will determine where one spends their eternity is their acceptance or rejection of Jesus as Lord of their life. (Romans 10:9-10)
We believe that all sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God. We believe they are God-breathed according to 2 Timothy 3:16. No other book or group of books is a qualified authority for Christian faith, life and service. No other pattern of ministry, worship or conduct is acceptable for the born-again Christian. We believe the Lordship of Jesus is expressed through the written Word; therefore, deviation from the written Word is a departure from true Christian faith.
We believe the Bible, as spoken in the original language, is without flaw or error. Therefore, all doctrine and interpretation must be dedicated to and consistent with the original languages as interpreted in their time.
Because Jesus and His priesthood are unchangeable (Hebrews 13:8, 7:24), we believe the New Covenant to be unchangeable. Therefore, the entire New Covenant as prophesied by the prophets, demonstrated in the ministry of Jesus, practiced by the early church and promised in the epistles is in effect today.